There’s something magical about presenting a beautifully wrapped gift to someone special. With the holiday season only a few weeks away, I wanted to share one of my favorite ways to take wrapping to the next level - with flowers! In this DIY video I used roses, mint, wax flowers and astrantia. For a little more festive winter holiday feel, opt for seasonal blooms like amaryllis, juniper berry, pine and holly. Have fun and happy holidays!
- Flowers - We used roses, white spray roses, wax flowers, mint & astrantia
- Sturdy Box
- Cellophane or plastic wrap
- Floral clippers or sharp scissors
- Floral tape
- Floral foam blocks
There are many festive seasonal blooms to use for the holidays. Flowers like amaryllis, juniper berry, pine and holly are beautiful!
- Choose flowers (1 focal flower & a few accent flowers)
- Line a sturdy gift box with cellophane
- Cut a floral foam block to fit your box, then soak block in water for 5 minutes
- Place wet block inside the box
- Make mini bouquets with the accent flowers and wrap with floral tape
- Cut all flower stems to about 2 inches
- Set gift inside the box
- Insert your focal flower straight down into the foam. Continue adding flowers in a random pattern. Tip: start with the first flower in a corner of the box.
- Next, fill open spaces with the mini bouquets.
- Decorate the outside of the box with a bow and/or flowers.